Emission Measurements (NOx) Analyst
For Dow we are looking for a Emission Measurements Analyst.
This job is a polyvalent role supporting the EcoChem Lab organization. The purpose of this job is to provide reliable and use-appropriate analytical information with interpretation of results, through the use of analytical knowledge and technical skills.
The EcoChem lab is providing analytical support to the waste water treatment plant, environmental operations, ecology/permit department and several other departments on the Terneuzen site. Analytical support includes sampling and analyses of waste water, groundwater, soil and air, carryingout stack measurements (e.g. NOx, CO, etc), noise and dust measurements on the site. Industrial Hygiene sampling and analyses of chemical components is also part of the daily work of this group.
The main responsibilities for the emission gasses technician is performing the airborne emission measurements (stack gas) in the different plants in the Terneuzen Site, analyzing the data and providing first line reporting.
Additionally, the job responsibilities can be extended with extra activities such as soil and water sampling and analysis will be added to the responsibilities.
Key responsibilities of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Perform routine, non-routine and complex routine analyses for stock gas measurements,
specifically NOx and CO in the plant areas
- Prepare calibration standards
- Monitor analytical systems, evaluate validity of data, apply statistics, interpret results, and
take appropriate action.
- Document, communicate, and archive analytical results, calibration and maintenance
- Reporting the analytical data according to the ISO 17025 standard requirements.
- Schedule and perform advanced calibrations and maintenance of analytical systems.
- Help troubleshoot customer problems.
- Implement and verify the performance of new equipment
- Perform instrument calibration, maintenance and in-depth troubleshooting of analytical
- Use electronic tools such as Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc), LIMS and OPD.
- Monitor analytical systems, identify problems, conduct first-line troubleshooting, and
escalate as appropriate.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the EH&S and operating procedures, and
analytical work processes and tools.
- Participate on analytical or plant improvement teams
MBO/MLO-4 minimum, HBO/HLO (Netherlands)/ A1 (Belgium)
Driving license B-E (trailer) IS A MUST!
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.