- 20 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 17878
SABIC Procurement focuses on growth and innovation. The global challenge for procurement within SABIC is to secure uninterrupted supply of goods, materials and services to our businesses. Value will be created by improving total cost of ownership, leveraging buys on local, regional and global scale and by reducing procurement costs.
Local Procurement is part of the Global Procurement Organization. As a part of the Procurement organization, the Site Procurement Team manages best in class operational processes and maximizes value for money in purchasing and managing materials & services by exploiting economies of scale and maintaining the same high performance and service level for all customers. The vacancy Operational Buyer hierarchically will report to the Operation Manager BOZ.
In this role you'll serve as a procurement business partner. Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner and fully compliant with SABIC Procurement Policy is of utmost importance.
In general, the Operational Buyer role characteristic are:
• Ensure the availability of goods and services as required.
• Achieve this result at the lowest possible cost.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
• Procure local buys on time.
• Ensure the availability of goods and services as required (in time, in place, according to the specifications and accompanied by necessary certificates) so that manufacturing processes (production, maintenance, Turnarounds, projects) can be executed as planned: without stress and the risk of huge losses due to interruptions and delays. (Expediting)
• Support and coordinate material quality inspection.
• Support on deviation additional work.
• Ensure on time payment suppliers.
• Achieve this result at the lowest possible cost by challenging in-company demands, policies and practices and reaching optimal and commercial conditions. (suppliers)
• Continuously improve the Purchase to Pay process.
• Deliver a compliant procurement dossier.
• Responsible for value creation.
• Ensure compliance to regional legislation (ie Reach), global standards, requirements, policies and procedures including EHS.
• Support on complaint handling / claim.
• Support on supplier evaluation.
• Share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization. (stakeholders)
• Senior secondary vocational education with an enhanced curriculum / higher professional education. (MBO+ / HBO)
• Operational purchasing experience and preferably procurement specific education in the mentioned field. (e.g. NEVI 1)
• Several years of experience in operational procurement or technical position in a process plant.
• A minimum of 2 years working experience with internal customer base.
• Familiarity with manufacturing and materials, preferably a technical background.
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
• Customer focus.
• Team player.
• Flexible in picking up extra works and taking the extra step if needed.
• Steady & robust personality, able to work successful in a technical environment with turnaround managers, project managers and other stakeholders.
• Proven execution and delivering results capabilities.
• Proven communication & interpersonal competences resulting in best team results.
• Administrative affinity and knowledge SAP-MM.
• Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and writing.
• VCA basis certificate.
• Excellent MS Office skills.
Most relevant competencies for success in the job:
• building trust
• customer focus
• initiating action
• planning & organizing
• quality orientation
Please apply for this position with your resume and motivational letter, when you recognize yourself in the above mentioned profile.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.