For an international company in Rhoon we are looking for someone who want to work on the Local Operations department.
The department is the spindle between our Export and Import Customer Service departments, maintaining intensive contact with the terminals in Rotterdam and local Dutch authorities (Customs and Portbase). Important note: it is not a Customer Service or Transport function.
The job is to be executed purely within an office environment between office hours (shifts between 07:30-18:00hr). On rotation base you will have the after-office-hours telephone (once every 3 or 4 weeks), where it is needed to solve urgent issues.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Local Operations department has the following day-to-day tasks:
- Responsible for timely and accurate handover of loading and discharge manifests;
- And announce the loading manifests to customs via Portbase system. If needed solve clearance differences with Portbase
- Timely informing internal colleagues which cargo will be shipped / not shipped;
- Inform stowage positions to the partners whom have hazardous cargo loaded on board of our vessels;
- Chase colleagues for VGM data;
- Act on mutations in the vessel sailing schedule;
- Update the system with vessel routings;
- Check the terminal reports for container long standing containers and inform the responsible internal colleagues;
- Register claims and incidents related to the vessel or terminal;
- Requests the correct customs documents at our customs agent;
- After the vessel is completed, archive the vessel and update the archive details in the Vessel Call Sheet;
- Record data in the KPI sheet.
- Internal contacts: intensive contact with the internal departments Export and Import customer service and Transport department to arrange terminal-terminal shunts;
- External contacts: maintain a warm contact with customs agents, Portbase and terminals.
Skills and required knowledge
- Experience in shipping or logistics;
- Able to create an organised overview for yourself and your internal and external colleagues;
- Able to communicate clearly and timely in the Dutch & English language;
- Pro-active and problem-solving attitude;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Administrative insight;
- Customs knowledge, in relation to documents required for transportation (no need to create documents);
- Knowledge on incoterms.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.