- 07 maart 2019
- vacaturenummer: 120282
Dow Benelux constantly works on innovation. They do this by combining scientific insights with their technologic knowledge. The beating heart of Dow Benelux is in Terneuzen, Zeeuws-Vlaanderen (Zeelandic Flanders, the Netherlands). With its 17 plants and about 3,200 employees, Dow Terneuzen is the second largest production site of The Dow Chemical Company. As the largest employer in Zeelandic Flanders, Dow contributes to the economic and social success of this region.
As Purchasing Analyst you are responsible for ensuring the quality and timeliness of freight requests, pricing and execution of system updates to enable shipments. You are working under the direction of Sourcing to execute tactical work process and freight carriers to keep costs at a minimum.
What are your responsibilities?
As Purchasing Analyst you are responsible for/ you have:
- Familiarity with freight, logistics and transportation
- Thorough knowledge of utilizing PTP Freight Work process training tools
- Uderstanding of road, rail, ocean and air freight pricing
- Booking plan management
- Internal metrics development and reporting in collaboration with Procurement team
- Focal point for communication and relationship management with PTP team in other region
- Follow up with external LSP providers with regards to International Freight
- Facilitator for communication with Sourcing Specialists and Managers across all modes – weekly meetings, metrics, RCI’s etc
- Work Process Improvement – OPID, Chartering, Managing & tracking execution.
- Spot rate forecasting Q+1Month pricing
- Spot request analysis:
- Complete knowledge of Rules and Regulations of International out bound and in bound freight
- Transitioning to booking plan
- Updating booking plan and communicating to FF’s
- Validating rates for 12 months
What do we offer you?
- An exciting long term full time job.
- A market-conform salary based on your experience.
- An online platform (Good HabitZ) where you can improve your skills by following official e-learnings.
- Group health insurance with a 10% discount on basic pension and 15% discount on plus pension.
- Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement.
- For this position Dow can offer you a contract any time.
What are we looking for?
- You have a bachelor
- You are fluent in English and Dutch (C1/C2 level).
- You demonstrable communication and inter-personal skills for working in an international
- and multi-cultural environment.
- You have a strategic and analytical mindset combined with strong communication and persuasion skills.
- You are both a team player and an independent worker
Are you the Purchasing Analyst we are looking for. Then apply for the job by clicking the red button, or email your resume and motivation letter in English to email@example.com! For further questions we are always available. Did you can easily send us your questions via WhatsApp? Our number: 0 619 88 81 81.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.