- 27 februari 2019
- vacaturenummer: 107708
Dow Site Logistics services a multitude of Dow’s plants and businesses, managing flow of materials either entering or leaving the Dow Terneuzen I-Park Site
As a Support - Application Developer you will be a member of the Dow Terneuzen Site Logistics Work process & IT Team (WPIT). The WPIT Team supports the Site Logistics Terneuzen department for IT, quality, organization, applications, training and related reporting. The WPIT group is imperative to the success of the Site Logistics Department, by having the technical knowledge of all applications developed and used by the department, bridging the gap between operations and information technology in a variety of different fields. This role strengthens the WPIT team with IT knowledge and application development.
What does your team look like?
Currently there a 3 positions in this specific team. The team is involved in a vast number of different projects, working either together or independently on such projects. Furthermore IT and Work Process support is given by the team to the Site Logistics department, thus working closely with end users and other involved departments. The Site Logistics continuously strives to improve by applications to support the work processes to work efficiently, improve quality, reduce costs etc.
General time distribution of the team:
- 50 % software development projects.
- 25 % work process involvement and reporting.
- 25 % it support.
What are your responsibilities?
- Design, development, testing & implementation development of new applications to increase the efficiency of work and communication processes.
- Identification of possibilities and recommendations on improving applications, improve the use of applications or create new applications.
- Provide training to end users where applicable.
- Data gathering from various systems.
- Providing technical IT support to the department and best effort support during off hours together with the team.
- Opportunity identification of commercially available technology and software for use meeting needs within Dow.
- Creation of clear reports, overview, recommendations, feedback to the department on work processes and systems.
What do we offer you?
- An exciting long term full time job.
- A market-conform salary based on your experience.
- An online platform (Good HabitZ) where you can improve your skills by following official e-learnings.
- Group health insurance with a 10% discount on basic pension and 15% discount on plus pension.
- Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement.
- For this position Dow can offer you a contract any time.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a MBO4 Application Development, Information Technology or equal.
- You are a team player.
- You must be able to work independently.
- You are passionate for IT and always aware of new developments.
- You have the willingness to perform best effort after office hours support.
- Excellent communication skills to solve and discuss IT issues with the departments employees.
Are you a flexible and representative professional? Are you able to build professional relationships with all levels of employees within the organization? And do you have a (pro-active) problem solvin
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.