- 30 januari 2019
- vacaturenummer: 104057
Dow Benelux in Terneuzen is one of the biggest chemical companies in the area. The complex structures here require a knowledgeable engineer. Are you ready to take your place?
A very interesting and challenging position for a versatile Rotating (Mechanical) Equipment Specialist is open within the Mechanical Discipline of the Technical Support & Expertise group located in Terneuzen, the Netherlands. The Mechanical Discipline is a main contributor in building and modifying chemical process plants.
The focus of the Mechanical discipline is rotating equipment like pumps, mechanical seal and seal systems, blowers, compressors etc. However, equipment like cooling towers, refrigeration units, vacuum equipment, lifting equipment, flare tips and furnaces are also part of the discipline scope.
The purpose of this job is direct plant support, specification / ordering equipment and to coordinate design activities in order to produce information and documentation for the piping, civil and electrical disciplines both internally as well as externally.
- Lead the Mechanical engineering activities on multiple projects
- Contribution to project scope definition, performing front-end loading and detail engineering for site managed projects.
- Specification of new Rotating (Mechanical) equipment, preparation of inquiry/order packages, technical bid evaluations, follow up of technical documentation.
- Coordination with and giving input to team members from other disciplines like process, civil, piping, instrumentation & electrical, technology centers and construction, maintenance, purchasing and plant.
- Responsible for modifications of existing equipment.
- Responsible for technical contacts with the suppliers
- Responsible for assistance to purchasing department in on time delivery.
- Assistance in trouble shooting of existing installations.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. Marine (Ship) Engineers with minimum Bachelor’s degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Fluent in English, preferably also fluent in Dutch or willing to learn Dutch
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Able to work together with a wide variety of people, including other disciplines and other cultures
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and design codes.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the field of Rotating (Mechanical) design engineering working for an "owner" (operating) company or an engineering company.
- Maintenance / Hands on experience on Rotating equipment is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the majority of common rotating equipment
- Proficiently in the use of Microsoft software.
Do you have strong engineering skills, are you self-motivated and accountable and are you able to work towards tight deadlines? Then apply for the job by clicking the red button, or email your resume and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also contact us by Whatsapp: 06-19888181
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.